Friday, August 21, 2009

Can Can...

My Mom got me a canning kit for Christmas last year - I know what you're thinking but I actually asked for it. I was going through some weird phase and that was what I wanted. 8 months later, it has emerged from the box & I have completed my first few jars of fresh tomato sauce. The funny thing is that the recipe was supposed to make 6 jars.. mine only made 3 1/2 jars. Go figure. Still, it looks like everything worked out & the jars sealed up ok. Not bad for my first try! I am very excited.

We're going up to Paso Robles & San Luis Obispo next weekend for my cousin, Nate's wedding & we are going to stop in Avila Beach at See Canyon to get apples to bring back. There are so many great things you can make with apples: apple pie, apple cake, apple turnovers, apple butter, apple preserves, apple sauce... see, the list is endless! So, we'll go to See Cyn to pick up a peck or two of apples so I can can more delicious treats! Maybe this time I'll feel like sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment