Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Care

Today is Drew's first day at his new day care. I go back to work next Wednesday so I am taking him a few hours each day this week to get him integrated in it. It's been roughly 2 hours and I am just now feeling the pangs of weirdness that he's not here with me. Maybe it's because I am at home and he is not here. If I was out and about I probably wouldn't be as cognizant. Does that mean I should go out and go shopping? Or maybe get my nails done or a massage? It's all coping therapy, right? :)

Anyway - I took this picture of him this morning in his cute Oshkosh B'gosh overalls - we dubbed it his first day of school.. even though it's not technically school. Still, a monumental day nonetheless.



And I didn't even cry when we left him. My husband kept saying "you're doing good" and I was like.. should I be more upset than this? Nah... Drew is in a good place where he can play with other kids instead of hanging out at home with mom in our pjs. (We can do that on the weekends!) He looked happy when we left & I will be back to get him in just 2 more hours. I can't wait to hear all about his first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment